The treatment is divided into two easy stages:
DAY 1 – Steps 1 to 4
DAY 7 – Step 5
Step 1 – Preparation
- Remove any tangles by combing through dry hair with a normal comb.
- A facecloth or small towel should also be used to cover eyes.
- You may wish to cover shoulders and back with a towel to protect clothing.
Step 2 – Application
- Apply Headlice Hero Treatment Spray thoroughly to dry hair and scalp. Work carefully to cover all hair and scalp - pay particular attention to area behind the ears and at the top of the neck. Treatment should then be applied to the full length of hair. Ensure hair and scalp are thoroughly wet with the product.
- Massage gently but firmly over entire scalp to ensure that it is completely coated and saturated with Headlice Hero Treatment Spray.
- Comb hair through with a normal grooming comb to spread Headlice Hero Treatment Spray evenly and ensure thorough coverage to hair.
- Now relax for 10 minutes and let the scientifically proven Headlice Hero go to work.
Step 3 – Comb
- Comb thoroughly through hair with the Headlice Hero head lice comb to remove dead lice and eggs.
HANDY HINTS FOR EFFECTIVE COMBING
For cropped hair
Comb initially with a grooming comb to remove any tangles, then comb through with head lice comb starting as close as possible to the root and all the way to the end of the hair. Starting from the forehead, work back to the nape of the neck, systematically working across the head. Wipe any lice or eggs off the comb with a tissue after each stroke and repeat until no lice or eggs are visible.
For medium to long hair
Part the hair from forehead to neck, in a section as wide as your head lice comb. Within the first parting, take the first 2cm of hair from the forehead, comb initially with a grooming comb to remove tangles. Then with the head lice comb held at a 45° angle to the scalp, start as close as possible to the root and comb through all the way to the end of the hair. After EACH STROKE, wipe any lice or eggs off the comb with a tissue and repeat until no lice or eggs are visible. Move completed section of hair to hang over forehead and repeat with next 2cm section until entire head is treated.
Step 4 – Shampoo
- Rinse with warm water and then wash with a mild conditioner-free shampoo.
- No need to use a conditioner. Headlice Hero Treatment Spray will leave hair in beautiful, silky-soft and healthy condition.
Step 5 – Repeat above
- To avoid possible reinfestation, repeat above steps 7 days later.
- All family members with head lice should be treated on the same day to avoid re-infestation.
- To avoid spread of infestation do not share brushes, hats, towels or pillows.
- If the treatment comes in contact with eyes, flush well with water – see your Doctor if irritation persists. If any skin sensitivity is experienced, discontinue use and consult your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
- Keep treated hair away from any naked flame or heat source. Do not smoke whilst using this product.
- Not for use under 2 years of age.
- Store below 25°C, out of direct sunlight and in the carton.
Use strictly as directed and, if necessary discuss with your healthcare professional.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN